Friday, August 9, 2013

Salon Updates




Hi!......I haven’t given you, my readers, a salon update in a long time! This post is well over due. 

Over the past couple of months, the salon has experienced a few changes and some new additions. We’ve had the amazing opportunity to have a scene from the movie ‘Baggage Claim’ filmed in the salon! The cast and crew were all extremely nice and professional and it was such a pleasure to see, well hear (we had to stay in the back), a few lines from the movie. Speaking of filming, last week there was yet another film crew at the salon. This time around, a independent student film was being shot to take to the Cannes Film Festival and hopefully get picked up. The salon has been getting some major exposure in the movie industry.








Now, with all that excitement, we’ve still been working on hundreds of gowns for brides, bridesmaids and mother of the brides. Spring is always the busiest season for the bridal industry and the salon has seen it’s fair share of hectic days.  At one point we had over 8 brides picking up gowns in the same week! That’s a lot for a couture bridal salon that creates every gown in the back room! We’ve also been developing the next collection for the label and I’m very thrilled to present the gowns for everyone to see. This collection is reminiscent of Old Hollywood with lots of beading, luxurious fabrics, and intricate details.



It’s been a busy yet exciting season and with the help of my wonderful team, all these things have been possible! I have two employees; Jocelyn is our sample maker/seamstress with the “magic hands” and Eve is my super upbeat assistant. We have been working together as a team for the past 6 months but every bride seems thinks we've known each other for years. The chemistry at the salon is so creative, fun and friendly, we find at times we are here all night and never noticed the hours passing by. The salon has always been my second home but now I have two lovely ladies to share it with............but  I cannot forget the salon’s mascot, WOOKIE! Wookie is my baby, my dog of 4 years and my everything. He keeps the salon running smoothly and all of us on our toes.




I can’t wait to see what else this year has to bring for the salon, the label and all of us! Stay tuned for many more updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment