Thursday, August 1, 2013

Location, Location........Destination



A lot of my brides (current and pervious) have destination weddings that take place in other states/countries. I love to travel and when we began to discuss the location for the ceremony, I get inspiration from hearing where my brides will be traveling to for their big day. After connecting with my brides and doing a bit of research on the location the wedding will take place, I began to imagine the fabrication I will use to create my bride’s gown. If my bride tells me she’s getting married on a beach, I began to picture a soft flowing dress that flows fluidly when she walks down the aisle and standing in front of her husband saying their vows. Each destination wedding requires a different look and feel. 

If you decide to go with a destination wedding there are a few tips that I would like offer: 

  • Check the weather- I advise my brides to research the weather around the time they will get married. With every gown that I create, I want my brides to be as comfortable as possible on their special day. It’s important to know how hot or cool the weather will be, because this will also help me in choosing fabrication (I would not want to put you in a heavy brocade in 90 degree weather). 
  • Transportation- how will your dress get to you? I ALWAYS advise my brides, if they can, take the dress with them! My two biggest fears are: 1) damage to the dress before the wedding, and 2) the dress NOT arriving to my bride in time for her wedding. I have personally driven gowns to my brides to make sure they receive them. 
  • Care- caring for a gown is very important no matter where you get married. If you cannot personally handle your gown, please pick someone you trust to care for it. I always advise my brides to check with their wedding planner or hotel concierge for a steamer or services available in the area. Steaming is an essential part of caring for your gown on your big day. I also advise my brides to have someone with them when they pick up their gowns from the salon so that my staff and I can properly show you how to get into your gown, bustle or attach/remove your train, and any other steps needed. 

For many of my brides, a destination wedding is also a time to squeeze in a bit of a vacation. I encourage you to have fun, see the place you’re visiting and truly enjoy this one-in-a lifetime experience. I’m the type of person who really enjoys my vacation; I love to take in all the culture, sites, and enjoy the different types of food! This is the perfect time to take a mini break from planning your dream wedding and enjoy the beautiful sites other states and countries have to offer.













No comments:

Post a Comment