Friday, July 12, 2013

PERRIN & MICHAEL




I first met my bride Perrin two years before her wedding when she came from New York to visit her parents.  Perrin came to the salon with her mother and they brought her mother's wedding dress. Perrin already had an idea that she wanted me to work with; how to make her mother’s wedding dress more of her own style, so she could wear it as her own wedding gown.

Perrin’s mother’s dress was a very beautiful lace tiered sheath dress with iridescent rhinestones. The dress was simple yet elegant with a vintage feel. Since I love working with vintage pieces I saw so many possibilities in creating something new with this dress. I wanted to give Perrin a dress that she would feel incredible in but I also wanted to keep certain elements of the original dress.   

We had the idea of making the dress a bit shorter, like a mini, by moving the all tiers of lace up a few inches. The dress originally had long sleeves that I shortened to ¾ length and used the leftover tiers of lace to create a beautiful scalloped neckline and “V” shaped back to compliment her collarbone.  Since the dress already had rhinestones on it, I had to find new ones to match so I could continue the flow of the rhinestones on the sleeves and neckline.  The end result was a perfect match of Hollywood glamour and modern chic.

Perrin and Michael were married in Santa Barbara at the historic Casa de la Guerra and this wonderfully special day was 
captured by Limelife Photography











Congratulations to Perrin and Michael! 





No comments:

Post a Comment