Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ali & Pehr





My bride Ali was shopping for a wedding gown that was definitely non-traditional and unique, and happened to find me online through her searching.  She wanted her dress to be asymmetrical, light, airy with just a touch of green.  I set forth to design and incorporate all of the things that she wanted in her gown.  Another design element on Ali's list was for her gown to be short and fun for her reception, but she still wanted a longer length for the actual ceremony.  So, I designed her gown with a detachable tulle overlay which was quite different texturally from her short reception dress underneath, which was created with layers of silk organza, just like silk hankies, one of my favorite techniques.  I added the green to the asymmetrical part of her gown and to her belt, by hand dipping the fabric in my own concoction of shades of green to achieve the desired effect that Ali was looking for.  Just enough color, but not too much.  And for the final touch, I designed a custom head piece with a pop of green to tie everything together.  I think the final result speaks for itself, as Ali looks absolutely radiant and beautiful in her gown.
Photographer Julie Harmsen, who was actually Ali's housemate back in Michigan, has such a wonderful eye for the details and really utilizes the natural light and gorgeous setting to compliment Ali & Pehr's wedding just perfectly.










Congratulations Ali & Pehr!






No comments:

Post a Comment