Saturday, September 10, 2011

Melissa & Andy


My bride Melissa & I enjoyed non stop laughs from the first day we met. Her great sense of humor and wonderful personality made the creation of Melissa's gown nothing but a pleasurable experience. She first came to me with a few ideas which she wanted to take into account for the design of her own gown. Through this process, and as I got to know more about Melissa, I came to discover she was the "Queen of Twofers". One of the design elements that incorporated this idea was to convert her gown into a reception cocktail dress. The option I came up with was to remove her longer fuller skirt after the Wedding, which, once removed, would expose the cocktail dress underneath. As we progressed with our fittings, I would have a new idea each time that would interest Melissa...making the crinolines petticoat purple (as per her wedding colors) so you would see a hint of pop while walking or dancing, removable beaded belt and strap, etc. Melissa's final gown was a Swarovski beaded, side gathered, silk shantung A-line gown (the A-line skirt was removable).
As her friend stated at a fitting.... "this dress is so Melissa, she has options."...and so she did. In the end, Melissa was thrilled that she could wear her dress a total of seven different ways. It was such a joy working with Melissa that she even turned into my real estate broker and was searching house listing for me in her neighborhood!
The Wedding and Reception were captured by Ryan Phillips Photography.


Congratulations Melissa & Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment