Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Process of Design: Part 1

Many Brides that are searching for a gown don't truly realize that they have many choices when it comes to purchasing their dream gown. They may know that they can choose from many Designers, different price points, colors, etc., but many do not know that they can also get their gown made completely Couture, instead of buying one that is already pre-made. So, with that in mind, I am starting a new topic that I will run over the next few months that describes in depth how I create my Bride's gowns from start to finish. I will completely document my Bride Tina and show you all of the steps involved in creating her Couture Gown.
Tina actually found me through researching on the web. She lives in Las Vegas, and was unable to find anyone that shared her vision for her gown, nor was she able to find anyone that could create her gown from start to finish while understanding the design and fabrication. Upon her first appointment, Tina described what she was looking for, she also brought in some tears from magazines. After we discussed her vision, she flew back to Las Vegas and I immediately set upon sketching out 3 designs based upon our meeting. I sent her the sketches via email, she asked if we could alter a few things, which I did, and I then finalized the gown. Here is the final sketch of the gown that Tina approved for fabrication.



This is the first step in the Design Process. Over the next few months, I will show every stage along with photos, until we have completed Tina's gown for her July Wedding! Next step...muslin fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment