Friday, October 12, 2012

Jacky & Vince




Before I begin to talk about my bride Jacky, I wanted to thank her "adopted" mom Sue for discovering me in her own backyard...
My bride Jacky came to me with a very special request.  She wanted to incorporate elements from her Mother's original wedding gown into her gown as a beautiful homage to her mother, as a remembrance as well as a celebration.  This thought was especially dear to me as I too have experienced the passing of a parent.

So, I set about coming up with a creative solution of how I could delicately remove some of the lace patterns from her Mother's dress and re-create Jackie's gown while still retaining a contemporary look and style and fusing the two elements together so that they appeared seamless.  Additionally, Jacky wanted a gown with a long train, but one that could also be removable to allow her to dance and celebrate at her reception.
Her fittings always included Sue, her Maid-of-Honor Mary, and her Mother-in-Law Celia. As we worked on fittings and adjustments to the design, the idea of her gown being contemporary, yet also having that Hollywood glamor was discussed more and more, as I found out that her reception venue was the Majestic Halls in Downtown LA. 

What I came up with was a lace gown that had a hidden attachment for the removable train.  I incorporated the lace flowers and appliques from her Mothers gown into the lace around her shoulder and alongside the hem as an added detail.  I also matched the original pearl bead work and kept that as a bit of "bling" wherever I could. 
I would say that Jacky looked quite beautiful...as I am sure Vince would agree!
 
The beautiful wedding, lively reception and wonderfully playful shots were captured by Glen Lastimoza of BlueLabel Photography and Peter Trans of Icons Photography.  Excellent work!







Congratulations Jacky & Vince!



No comments:

Post a Comment