Monday, October 11, 2010

Megan & Chris




Megan came to me over a weekend with her parents, who were both visiting from out of town. She had a vision as to what her gown should look like. So after our first meeting, she knew that I would be the Designer able to create her gown. During the design process, Megan decided she also wanted me to design and create dresses for her Mother, her flower girl and her six month old niece. The inspiration for the girls was Megan's gown combined with the bridal party color scheme of black (I will post images of the girls dresses with a surprise in an upcoming post!)
Megan's gown was made from an organza rouched bodice, her skirt was made with raw edged organza that was hand sculpted to look like flowers. We also created her veil, and her feather head piece along with her organza shrug.





Her wedding took place back in her hometown in Ohio, where unfortunately Mother Nature decided to throw in a few thunderstorms. But, even with damp weather, Megan looked stunning and, I believe, made her wedding even more dramatic and incredibly photogenic. Megan was incredibly easy to work with and put her complete trust in me. Her understanding of the Design process made our work enjoyable and memorable. Megan was so happy with the results that she now wants me to create her own unique red carpet gowns...as I now look forward to creating! Her amazingly stunning photos were taken by photographer Michelle Ellis!


Congratulations Megan & Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment